Opening times for Household Waste Recycling Centres, stop smoking advice and winter walk ideas are just some of the tweets and posts on the county council’s twitter and facebook pages.
County Councillor Sean Serridge, the council’s Champion for Digital Inclusion, said: “Social media channels like Twitter and Facebook have become increasingly important ways for people to get information about the services we provide, as well as contacting us directly with their comments and concerns.
“As New Year comes around, people start to look at the year ahead and things they’d like to do. Following the county council is a great way to get news and information about your county in 2014.”
Things you can find out about include:
- New Year bus service times
- Information about Dry January, a national campaign that encourages people to stop drinking during January to give your body a rest after Christmas and the New Year
- Help and support to quit smoking
- Tips on keeping yourself and those you look after warm
- Winter advice including when your local roads will be gritted
- How to become a foster carer with the latest fostering campaign
- Things to do in Lancashire including countryside walks in your area
- Applying for a school place
- Tips on how you can ensure your children have a safe night’s sleep
For further information please contact: Stephen Axon on 01772 533 194